Probistip, 7th February 2014 (MIA) – New section within TAB MAK Battery Factory was commissioned today, an investment worth EUR 6 million. The factory section was commissioned today by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Zoran Stavreski, Deputy Minister of Defense, Emil Dimitriev, State Secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning, Sonja Lepitkova and the Mayor of Probistip Municipality, Toni Tonevski.

Deputy Prime Minister Stavreski pointed out that the investment would create 80 new jobs for the citizens in this municipality.

TAB MAK Battery Factory sells only 5% of the overall production on the domestic market, while the remaining 95% of the production is exported to the western European markets, Russia, Ukraine and other countries, and in 2014, the factory expects to realize EUR 25 million inflow.

– The investments provide for increased production capacities for manufacturing starter batteries to 600,000 pieces, as well as 100,000 pieces of industrial 2-volt cells. We have set a goal to manufacture 400,000 pieces of starter batteries in 2013, and to produce 700,000 pieces of starter batteries and 150,000 pieces of industrial 2-volt cells in 2014. In future, we would like to produce one million pieces of starter batteries and 250,000 pieces of 2-volt cells, as well as to modernize the IT system, to train the employees, to continuously improve the working conditions, to ensure environmental protection certificate, as well as to build hazardous waste landfill in line with the highest European standards, to regulate the water treatment station for industrial water, Igor Lipovik said.

Mayor of Probistip Municipality, Toni Tonevski, said that it did not often happen for a new factory to be opened in Probistip or for a new factory section to be commissioned in Probistip as it happened today. He was especially delighted because all efforts put by the local authorities and the Government aimed at commitment and engagement to create new jobs in the municipality.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Zoran Stavreski, also attended the commencement of the construction of four new streets in the Village of Dobrevo near Probistip, an investment ensured by the Agency for Financial Support in Agriculture and Rural Development.

Stavreski pointed out that such investments were of particular significance for the citizens in the municipalities, and as regards the Village of Dobrevo, its citizens and the children would no longer walk on mud.

He announced that, in the course of 2014, the road from Probistip to the Village of Krupiste, i.e. the road that connects this road with Stip-Kocani national road, will be reconstructed. Streets in the Village of Dobrevo which are to be constructed are long thousand meters, and Denar 100 million will be invested therefore.

Construction works in Probistip Village of Dobrevo will be performed by the contractor “Zikol”.

Also available in: Macedonian

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window